Thursday, February 13, 2014

Why I LOVE College



Things I LOVE about College.

Today I want to concentrate on some of the things I LOVE about college!

First of all let me tell you.  I am a major reader.   I mean a MAJOR reader!  I LOVE to read.  I read before I started Kindergarten and have barely put a book down since.  My house is FILLED with books.  I enjoy everything from sci-fi and biographies, to medical and legal tomes.  Now that you are aware of my “addiction” issues, perhaps you can appreciate why I LOVE College.  It is such a wonderful way to quench my desire for knowledge!
I LOVE learning about new things, new words, new concepts and approaches to issues.  My grandmother lived in the same house when I grew up, and shared my quest for knowledge.  She read the dictionary every day to improve her vocabulary.  It became a game between us for me to try to guess her “new” word of the day. This just fed my addiction to knowledge.

Another thing I LOVE is the brainstorming sessions and team work.  It is easy for younger peers to think I know nothing about current events, technology or the latest social media fad.  Instead of opening my mouth, I find it beneficial to sit back quietly and listen to different ideas.  By doing this, I learn how others think without alienating anyone.

I also LOVE seeing the potential for greatness in my fellow students.  Their whole life is before them.  This is inspiring to me and even though I am twice their ages, I’m sure they will agree with me about this statement.  

Meanwhile, onward and upward.  Life waits for no one!

2 comments:

  1. Books are the best creation of humanity, I love novels! Wendy I had no idea you started college later in life.I hope we are not making it too difficult for you either. Anyways, thanks for sharing your view. Its very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Laura, books are and always be one of the best means of escape into a fictional world. I love reading! I hope you are enjoying college though, Wendy. :)
    Reading through your blog has given me a whole new insight. Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete